As an investor, you want to ensure your investment is protected.

Whilst your Body Corporate or Owners Corporation Strata Plan policy will provide protection for the common property; in many cases it doesn't provide full protection for your investment.

With a landlords insurance policy, you can cover your:

  • Fixtures and Fittings, like Kitchens, Cupboards and Bathroom Suites
  • Contents if you own and rent a Furnished Suite or Holiday Rental
  • Rental Income for Loss of Rent following damage and Rent Default by your tenant
  • Legal Liability for damage or injury occuring inside your suite or unit
  • Eviction Costs 
  • Damage by Tenants


Doesnt the Strata Insurance cover my Unit?

In many cases lot owners rely solely on the Strata Insurance provided by the Body Corporate or Owners Corporation. It is important to recognise that in most cases you as the lot owner are responsible for your unit's fixtures and fittings (like bathrooms & kitchens) and for any injury or damage that occurs inside your suite.

The Strata Insurance policy is designed to protect the common interest and not your individual needs.


Our Strata Insurance covers Loss of Rent and Lot Owners Fixtures, Why do I need more cover?

In some cases you dont need extra cover for the fitout or fixtures and in other cases you will. Let's say your owners corporation has cover for $250,000 lot owners fixtures and fittings within the strata plan and you estimate your fixtures to be worth $35,000; would you need another policy? Maybe not for fixtures, but what about loss of rent, rent default, or your lot owners legal liability inside of your suite?

In many cases these are not covered by Strata Insurance, and where they are covered, such as loss of rent, the cover is shared accross all lot owners. This means that you may not have the protection that you thought you had at the time when you need it most.

Arranging a policy of your own provides you with greater certainty about the type of cover you have for your investment property.